Saturday, July 23, 2011

Writing Units of Study

Our school uses Nancy Fetzer Writing Connections as our writing program.  It is a really great program for organizing your writing.  Nancy even came to our district several times, and I was lucky to have her actually come into my classroom and perform a lesson with my 2nd graders a few years back.

While this program is great, I am always on the lookout for topics to have my students write about.  I was recently looking around on ProTeacher and came across a couple of links for excellent Units of Study for Writing.  The first one is Ms. Gurian's 2nd Grade Class Website.  Not only does she have some excellent ideas for writing, she has a whole bunch of other great resources including Data Binder Forms!  Click here for Ms. Gurian's Website.  The other site that had a ton of writing resources was Mrs. Meacham's Classroom Snapshots.  You can check out her resources here.

I also have this book, No More "I'm Done!" on my wishlist.  If school weren't starting on August 15th here, I would have this on my Kindle and reading it now!  If you have read this book, please share your thoughts on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment