Thursday, March 8, 2012

Empowering Books

At the beginning of the school year I had requested several books from our school librarian to purchase for our school.  I am big on Bucket Fillers and wanted more books along this same topic.  If you don't know about Bucket Fillers, you can read more about it in my previous post {HERE}. 

As we approach the end of the year, I know we all find that no matter how much we have instilled good habits into our kids many just forget around spring break.   So I was really excited on Monday when our librarian brought all of these books to me.  We have been reading one each day this week and really focusing on filling a bucket for classmates.  If you are in need of books about tattling or bullying I recommend adding these to your list. 


 

These books couldn't have come at a better time!  They were perfect for reinforcing bullying and tattling.  Some other books that I already have and like to use on this topic are:


Let me know if you have a must read book that's good about reinforcing these issues.

5 comments:

  1. Love your bucket filler idea. Check out my new 2nd grade blog if you get a chance!
    http://secondgradeperks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that "spring break fever" hits other classrooms too! Thanks for the book suggestions. I have a few but am definitely going to check out the others.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about, the crayon box that talked?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have quite a few of these, but will check out the others. Thank you for this. I just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog and I know you have probably received this award before, but I have nominated you as well. Surf on over and check it out when you get a chance.

    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great website. Thank you for all the work you are doing to raise awareness. I have published three books on bullying (Weird! Dare! Tough! Free Spirit Publishing) that reinforce these issues as well. Fee free to check out our website: www.theweirdseries.com and let me know if I can be of help.
    Best Wishes,
    Erin Frankel

    ReplyDelete