Sunday, September 18, 2011

Station Rotations

Do you ever have one of those Ah Ha moments where you think, "Why didn't I do this in the first place?"  Lately I have been pondering my Station Rotations.  I have it set up in a pocket chart and it works okay, but if I get another student I won't have any more rows of pockets to add to my stations.  Plus, in October my class restroom is getting remodeled and some areas of the room will be off limits until the construction is complete.  So all weekend I kept thinking how nice it would be to make a rotation board to use with my Mimio.  I played around with a few things, then it hit me.  I could simply make a table in Word and each day I will change it by moving everyone down and copying the last two names at the bottom back up to the top.  It took me about 20 minutes, once I finally got my thoughts together and created a table for Reading and Math.  I will simply put it up with my InFocus Projector from my laptop so that everyone will be able to see the rotations clearly.

 On a side note, this weekend I also found a template for Homeworkopoly on the Mimio Website.  I will also have to move my current board for that during the construction and am seriously thinking of doing this game on my Mimio too.

No comments:

Post a Comment