Monday, November 7, 2011

ClassDojo Rocks!

So last week I checked into ClassDojo after seeing Mrs. Brainbridge's post about it.  I am sooo glad that I did!  This is a great behavior management tool to use with your students.  Each student is given a cute monster avatar with their name underneath.  You can give out points to students for positive behaviors, or take points away for negative behaviors.

I quickly entered my students and chose which positive and negative behaviors I wanted to recognize, then it was up and running.  I introduced it to my students today and it was a hit!  Everyone was so excited to earn points.  I decided that for every 5 points that a student earns it was an automatic clip up with our clip chart.  


I used my laptop to award points, but tomorrow I am going to try using my iPod Touch as a remote.  ClassDojo has their own app that you can download onto an iPod or Smartphone.  They also have behavior reports that you can send home to parents!  You can sign up your class or take their short tour by clicking on the image below.




4 comments:

  1. Love! My students were super excited to see how many points they ended up with at the end of the day. If anyone started getting off task, all I had to do was pull out my iPod and they got back to work. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this and am trying it out on my Summer School kiddos...how awesome! I love the reports you can print to keep as documentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm glad that you like it. It got to be a bit overwhelming for me with constantly trying to teach and use award points at the same time. However, I must say the kids really loved it!!
      Becky

      Delete