Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pig Math

Wow!  What a day!  We had our school's annual Jog-a-Thon today.  It was a huge success!  I ran 30 laps and am beat!  

My 2nd graders use Lory Evan's Pig Math to practice our facts daily.  They are loving it!  I recently saw that Lory had created a form to send home each week that included math and reading.  I decided that I needed to make my own to go in our Data Binders.  I wanted to share the form that I created which my 2nd graders will use to keep track of our timed math facts in our data binders.  The kids will highlight each level that they successfully complete.  
     

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just read your post about station rotations and wanted to chime in.

    I'm doing Daily 5 this year, so I don't need them for reading, and I'm doing the pocket chart thing for math. But in the past I have made cards for the centers and ones with the kids' names and just added magnets and used it with a magnetic board. Also, one of my teammates made a cool poster with a wheel, and just uses velcro stickies for everything. I like your idea though. It seems easy to manage and change if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the great ideas! I gave you the I Heart Your Blog Award.
    Pitner's Potpourri

    ReplyDelete